Everything You Need to Know About LED Lights
Many people don’t know that LED is short for Light Emitting Diodes. These are types of lights designed to offer up to 90% more lighting efficiency than incandescent lights. They emit light when an electrical current passes through their diodes. Unlike incandescent bulbs, the heat produced escapes into a heat sink. This way, they never pose any performance issues.
The Cost and Lifetime of LED Lights
In the long run, the cost of LED lights is cheaper than traditional light bulbs. Consider that LEDs will spend a sixth of the energy an incandescent bulb consumes and will last more than 25 times longer. Instead of spending $150 on lighting bills every year, you can replace all incandescent bulbs in your house and still spend less.
LED lights will never fail or burn out like incandescent bulbs. Instead of burning out, LED lights wear out by the depreciation of the lumen, where the brightness reduces over many decades of use. Also, it’s important to remember that LED bulbs do not break like the ballast of fluorescent bulbs.
How are LEDs Used in Homes and Commercial Premises?
LED lights are fitted into lights and fixtures to light homes and businesses. Due to their small size, LED lights fit in small bulbs, but they can also sport designs that mirror more traditional bulbs. These bulbs come in a wide range of colors so that you can use them for decoration as well.
Types and Brands of LED Lights
- LED Downlights, which are pretty common, consume less energy than conventional halogen globes. They are not affected by voltage spikes, so you can turn them on and off repeatedly without any effects.
- LED Floodlights are designed for power efficiency and high quality illumination. They sport fire resistant cables and durable builds. They can be used in stadiums, parks, and playgrounds.
- Decorative lights come in numerous sizes, shapes, and styles. The most common LED decorative lights include chandeliers, pendants, and sconces.
- Lastly, there are miniature LEDs. These feature predefined sizes and shapes to comply with numerous circuit boards. They come ready-to-fit, so that you can install them directly into the circuit boards. Most do not need heat sinks.
- There are as many types of LED lights as there are traditional lights.
- Common brands include Acuity, Cree, Eaton, Osram, GE Lighting, Philips, Everlight Electronics, among others.
Benefits of LEDs
- Long-life – does not burn out or break like fluorescent tubes
- High energy efficiency
- Low radiated heat
- High brightness and intensity
- Wide range of colors
- Directional lighting
- Instantaneous illumination
- Ease of installation
- Various options able to fit multiple socket types
Installing LED lighting in your home or business can be a significant step towards reducing your energy bills and your lighting replacement costs. Check out different LED lighting options from PrimeLights, and cut down costs for good. PrimeLights products last a minimum of 25 years at 40 hours weekly. These bulbs are virtually the only bulbs you will ever need. Check out PrimeLights now.